Celebrate Recovery is a biblical and balanced program that helps us overcome our hurts, hang-ups, and habits. It is based on the actual words of Jesus rather than psychological theory. We meet on Tuesday nights in The Chapel at 6pm in Mesa, and at the same time on Fridays in Ahwatukee.
Is Celebrate Recovery for me?
Celebrate Recovery offers a person the opportunity to participate in a group fellowship where love and hope combine with God’s purpose to mend our lives. Ask yourself:
- Are there things in my life that I do that hurt others?
- Is there something I wish I could live without?
- Is it time to crack my denial and admit I am not in control of my life?
- Do I have a painful habit or hang-up from which I need to be freed?
- If you answered “yes” to any of these statements then we urge you to attend a Celebrate Recovery meeting to see if it is for you.
Is Celebrate Recovery confidential?
Yes, Celebrate Recovery maintains strict confidentiality. This promotes an atmosphere of trust and enables recovery. We have a saying that is repeated in every Large Group meeting : WHO you see here. WHAT you hear here. WHEN you leave here. STAYS HERE. We are diligent about confidentiality and anonymity. The guidelines protect all of us from judgment and being “fixed” by others. In a safe place, you can take off your “mask” and be real and honest without fear. You are 100% in control of when and how much you participate.
What types of issues are dealt with at Celebrate Recovery?
A wide variety of hurts, hang ups and harmful behaviors are represented at Celebrate Recovery. Examples include dependency on alcohol or drugs, pornography, low self-esteem, need to control, depression, anger, co-dependency, depression,fear of rejection, fear of abandonment, perfectionism, broken relationships, and abuse.